9.It's not Goodbye...

So my time volunteering for CHIA has sadly come to an end and it's really been a truly amazing experience in so many ways that I did not expect.  Whilst I hope I've achieved my aim to provide some guidance and support, they have also given me so much. I've learnt a lot about how a charity is organised.  Funding in the not-for-profit sector is obviously very much a constant concern, and in the two weeks I worked at CHIA it was so heartening to hear of all the volunteer applications, organisations that get in touch out of the blue wanting to fund-raise, and all the people that are just interested in the great work they do and become such generous benefactors.   My volunteer certificate from CHIA will take pride of place in my home.
I've had a taster for the local life, with hopefully a better appreciation of working for a different country and their culture and being more mindful for the things one might take for granted.
I was privileged to be invited to people's homes, all the fun events and not forgetting becoming completely addicted to the motorbike lifts!
Everyone I've met has been so welcoming in the beautiful chilled community of Hoi An and I've made friends for life. This is not goodbye but a "see you later" to visit again.
I hope you have enjoyed my blog and a flavour of my adventure.  Here are some final memories of my temporary home and the wonderful people at CHIA.























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7.Village visit to a sponsored family

8.Xmas for the CHIA children, and the grown up children too!